Friday, September 23, 2011

The tower? The tower? Rapunzel! Rapunzel!

I was cordially invited to attend the wedding of Todd, a photographer freind, and his new bride Lisa (congratulations!) at a fantastic location (the historic D & F Tower in downtown Denver). A few days before the wedding, we frantically scrambled to find a couple girls to join Todd, Russell and I.

We had the giant clock faces, black chandeliers, a spiral staircase, a balcony, a bell tower, modern furniture, and even a bear skin rug to work with, and it did not disappoint. I only ended up shooting with model Trinity--which she said was only her second shoot. You'd never know if from the way she rocked this shoot. Here are the best 8 shots I got from the shoot (out of about 15 I edited).

We started off at the top of the building (21st floor) in the spiral staircase room:


We then had a wardrobe change and went into the clock face floor (18th):




After a break for lunch, with time before the wedding still, we had another wardrobe change and went back to the 21st floor for a few more ideas, which ended up being my favorite images of the shoot:




This shot made for a great silly pose the begged for something odd, so I played with it a bit for a bit of a morbid, cartoonish look:


Then I stuck around to do something I'd never done before - take wedding photos and video! I will say that by the end of the 11-hour day, my legs were burning from constant trips up and down five flights of stairs constantly, but it was a wonderful, once in a lifetime opportunity. Thanks again, Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment